601. I was going over to the library to study.
我正要去图书馆学习。
602. I won’t get any studying done there at all.
在那儿我根本就不能学习。
603. I’m trying to finish the reading assignment for our physics class.
我在尽力完成我们物理课的阅读作业。
604. I’ve got to start preparing tonight.
我必须今晚开始准备。
605. The problem is that I missed two days of class last week.
问题是我上个星期缺了两天的课。
606. I’ve got to go to baseball practice.
我必须去做棒球训练。
607. Are you going to the class meeting later?
你待会儿去开班会吗?
608. How many classes have you missed so far?
到目前为止,你缺了多少课?
609. He’s involved in too many sports and activities.
他参加了太多的体育运动和其他活动。
610. I’m going to the gym for a little bit.
我要去体育馆锻炼一下。
611. What are you writing about for your class paper?
你的课程论文写什么?
612. I’ve got to go meet a professor.
我必须去见一位教授。
613. Do you want to study together
你想一起学习吗?
614. I’m going to get some coffee in the dining hall.
我要去餐厅喝点咖啡。
615. The dean wants to meet my parents.
教务长想见见我的父母。
【生词解读】
1. assignment n. (分派的)任务;工作
2. physics n. 物理学
3. involve v. 使专注;使忙于
4. activity n. 活动;活跃;行为
5. together adv. 一起;共同;协力
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson42 IN THE LIBRARY 在图书馆里
616. Are these the books you’re checking out?
这些是你要借的书吗?
617. When are they due back?
要什么时候还?
618. It seems you still have a book overdue?
看来你还有一本书过期了。
619. You can have them for one month.
你可以借一个月。
620. It’s $0.5 a day for overdue books.
过期的书要收50美分一天。
621. Do you have any books on Russia?
你们有关于俄国方面的书吗?
622. You’re not supposed to talk in the library.
在图书馆你不许说话。
623. Is the photocopier working?
复印机在用吗?
624. That book is on reserve for a professor.
那本书被一位教授预定了。
625. We only have one copy of that book.
那本书我们只有一本。
626. She is a very popular author.
她是个很受欢迎的作者。
627. This library needs to get some more up-to-date books.
图书馆需要多一些最新的书。
628. Where are the math books located?
数学书在哪?
629. What time does the library close today?
图书馆今天什么时候关门?
630. I hate when people write in library books.
我讨厌别人在图书馆的书上写字。
【生词解读】
1. overdue adj. 过期的
2. Russia n. (1917年以前的)俄罗斯帝国;俄罗斯
3. photocopier n. 影印机;复印机
4. reserve n. 预约;预订
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson43 AT THE PARTY 在聚会中
631. I’m really having a good time.
我真是玩得很开心。
632. It’s too crowded to push my way through to the kitchen.
人太多了,很难挤到厨房那边去。
633. Do you know anybody at this party?
在这聚会上,你认识什么人吗?
634. I’m going to have some fun while I’m here.
我会在这儿玩得开心的。
635. Why don’t we stay for about half an hour to see if anyone else arrives?
我们为什么不呆半个小时,看看有没有别的人来?
636. I think we’re out of beer.
我想我们没有啤酒了。
637. Did anyone invite that guy?
有谁邀请那个人了吗?
638. These parties are always so popular.
这些聚会总是很受欢迎。
639. There are too many older students here tonight.
今晚这里有太多年纪大的学生了。
640. Should I go talk to that girl over there?
我应该过去和那个女孩说话吗?
641. Can you tell me where the bathroom is?
你能告诉我洗手间在哪吗?
642. I think some people are leaving to go to another party.
我想有些人在离开去参加另一个聚会了。
643. You should slow down with the drinking.
你应该慢点喝。
644. I’m tired, so I’m going home.
我累了,所以我要回家了。
645. It’s always the same faces at these parties.
这些聚会上,总是些老面孔。
【生词解读】
1. crowded adj. 拥挤的;挤满人群的
2. push v. 推;推动;推进
3. bathroom n. 浴室
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson44 AT THE CINEMA 在电影院里
646. I guess this is a really popular movie.
我猜想这是一部很受欢迎的电影。
647. Are there any movies you want to see in case this one is sold out?
万一这部电影没票了,你还想看别的吗?
648. We’ve got a few minutes before the start of the movie.
离电影开始还有几分钟。
649. That movie was too scary .
那部电影太吓人了。
650. There’s one out now about a talking horse.
现在有一部关于一匹会说话的马的电影在公映。
651. I think my seat is near the aisle.
我想我的座位是靠近过道的。
652. This theater is packed tonight.
这个电影院今晚挤满了人。
653. The film is sold out for tonight.
这场电影今晚没票了。
654. What time does the show start?
演出什么时候开始?
655. Let’s go find our seats.
我们去找座位吧。
656. The plot wasn’t very realistic.
情节不大现实。
657. The director seemed to rely mostly on special effects.
看起来导演好像大部分依赖特技效果。
658. This movie is based on a true story.
这部电影是根据真实故事改编的。
659. I think this scene was filmed in my hometown.
我想这个场景是在我的家乡拍摄的。
660. Can you believe how much a bag of popcorn costs at this theater?
你简直不敢相信在这家电影院一袋爆米花要多少钱。
【生词解读】
1. scary adj. 引起惊慌的
2. aisle n. (戏院,列车,教堂等座席间的)通道;走道
3. theater n. 剧场;电影院
4. plot n. (小说,戏剧等的)情节
5. realistic adj. 现实的;注重实际的;实际可行的
6. popcorn n. 爆玉米花
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson45 AT THE HOSPITAL 在医院
661. He has an injured leg.
他有一条腿受伤了。
662. The doctor’s seeing him at this time.
医生现在正在给他诊治。
663. Do you know anything about his condition
你知道他现在的情况吗?
664. I thought it might be more serious.
我以为可能会更严重些。
665. Your mother is now in stable condition.
你母亲现在的病情稳定了。
666. Which hand is bothering you?
你哪只手有毛病?
667. How long has it been swollenlike that?
肿成这样有多久了?
668. Can you roll up your sleeve for me to have a look?
你能把袖子卷起来让我看看吗?
669. Do you have any insurance
你有保险吗?
670. Do you have a history of heart trouble?
你有心脏病史吗?
671. We have no spare beds right now.
我们现在没有多余的床位。
672. The pain is mostly in my lower back.
疼痛主要在下背部。
673. Does it hurt when I do this?
我这样你感到疼吗?
674. I’ll write you a prescription .
我给你开个药方。
675. You should take it easy on that leg for a few weeks.
你的那条腿要休息几个星期。
【生词解读】
1. injure v. 伤害;损害;毁坏
2. condition n. 情况;(健康等)状态
3. serious adj. 严重的;危急的;令人担心的
4. stable adj. 稳定的;牢固的;平稳的
5. swell v. 肿起;肿胀
6. insurance n. 保险;保险契约
7. prescription n. 处方;药方;处方上开的药
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson46 AT THE POST OFFICE 在邮局
676. It’s not very exciting to wait in line at the post office.
在邮局排着队等可不是什么好玩的事情。
677. I’ve got to mail this stuff for my boss.
我必须帮我老板把这东西邮寄了。
678. It’s just a letter to my mother.
只是封给我妈妈的信。
679. I need to have this package air mailed.
我必须航空邮寄这包裹。
680. I’ve been expecting a package that should have been here two weeks ago.
我在等一个包裹,这个包裹两个星期前就应该到了。
681. How much more does express mail cost?
特快专递要多花多少钱?
682. Can I get insurance on this package?
这包裹能保险吗?
683. I need to change my mailing address.
我需要更改我的邮政地址。
684. This package weighs 11 ounces.
这件包裹重11盎司。
685. That’s the box of out-of-town mail.
那是外地信件邮箱。
686. How much for a book of stamps
一本集邮册多少钱?
687. Can I get a postcard here?
这儿有明信片吗?
688. Is there a supervisor that I can speak with?
我能找一位主管谈谈吗?
689. I like these new stamps.
我喜欢这些新邮票。
690. Can I apply for a passport here?
我能在这申请护照吗?
【生词解读】
1. stuff n. 物品;东西
2. package n. 包裹;包
3. address n. 住址;地址
4. weigh v. 有...重量;称起来
5. stamp n. 邮票
6. postcard n. 明信片
7. supervisor n. 监督人;管理人;指导者
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson47 AT THE BANK 在银行
691. Is this the right place to open up an account ?
是在这里开户吗?
692. I need to start a bank account.
我需要开户。
693. Will this be a checking or savings account?
这是支票账户,还是储蓄账户?
694. I’m told that I have insufficient funds.
我被告知存款不足。
695. What are your home loan interest rates?
你住房贷款的利率是多少?
696. Can you help me finance a car?
你能帮我贷款买车吗?
697. What’s my current balance
我现在的余额是多少?
698. My ATM card has stopped working.
我的银行卡失效了。
699. You don’t need a passport for routine business.
日常事务你不需要护照。
700. I can’t remember my account number.
我记不起我的账号了。
701. Is there a minimum balance needed for an account?
这个账户有最低余额限制吗?
702. I want traveler’s checks.
我想要旅行支票。
703. I have a joint account with my wife.
我和我妻子有一个联名账户。
704. Can I have a receipt for this?
能给我开个收据吗?
705. Your account is overdrawn .
你的账户透支了。
【生词解读】
1. account n. 账户;户头
2. insufficient adj. 不充分的;不足的
3. fund n. 资金;基金;专款
4. finance v. 供资金给;融资;为..筹措资金
5. balance n. 结存;结余
6. routine adj. 日常的;例行的;常规的
7. minimum adj. 最小的;最少的;最低的
8. overdrawn adj. 透支的
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson48 AT THE RESTAURANT 在餐馆
706. This soup is incredible?! Have you tried it yet?
这汤真是不错!你尝过吗?
707. I was trying to decide what to order.
我正在想该点些什么。
708. I’m going to have the steak.
我要来一份牛排。
709. I’ve never had fried chicken this good before.
我以前从没有吃过这么好的炸鸡。
710. How do you want your steak cooked?
你的牛排要几分熟?
711. This chicken is undercooked.
这鸡肉没有熟。
712. My compliments to the chef.
我要称赞厨师。
713. Are you ready to order?
您准备点菜吗?
714. What’s your special today?
你们今天的招牌菜是什么?
715. Would you like any more coffee?
您要不要再来点咖啡?
716. Do you have reservations tonight?
你们今晚预定了桌位吗?
717. Would you like a smoking or non-smoking table?
您要吸烟区的桌子还是禁烟区的?
718. Can I look at a menu?
我能看看菜单吗?
719. Would you like any dessert
您要甜点吗?
720. What’s the soup of the day?
今天有什么汤?
【生词解读】
1. incredible adj.难以置信的;惊人的;极妙的
2. undercooked adj.煮得不够的;尚未煮熟的
3. compliment n.赞美的话;恭维;敬意
4. reservation n. 预订;预订的房间
5. dessert n. 甜点心;餐后甜点
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson49 IN THE BARBER’S AND HAIRDRESSER’S 在理发店
721. I think I just need a trim .
我想我需要修剪一下头发。
722. And would you like a quick shampoo and rinse?
您要快速洗一下头吗?
723. You can never be too careful with a customer’s hair.
你对待客人的头发越仔细越好。
724. Just a little trim on the top and shave it close on the sides.
稍微修剪一下头顶上的头发,边上的剪短一些。
725. Something new would be nice.
来点新样式会很好的。
726. Do you want a little off the top?
上面要不要剪掉一点?
727. Should I taper the back?
后面要打薄吗?
728. How about a shampoo?
要洗头吗?
729. How do you want your hair cut?
您要剪什么样的发型?
730. I’ll try to fix the side.
我会尽量修剪一下侧面的。
731. Do you want a perm ?
您要烫发吗?
732. I don’t need a shave.
我不需要修面。
733. That’s too short in the back.
后面太短了。
734. I have a hair in my eye.
头发到我眼睛里了。
735. Just comb the hair back a little.
把头发往后梳一点。
【生词解读】
1. trim n.修剪;修整;整理
2. shampoo n. 洗发;洗头
3. shave n. 刮脸
4. perm n. 烫发
5. comb v. 用梳子梳理
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson50 AT THE POLICE STATION 在警察局
736. My client has made some very convincing allegations of police brutality .
我的当事人对警察的暴力行为提出了一些令人信服的指控。
737. He claims that your officers assaulted him.
他声称你的警官殴打了他。
738. Do you have any proof of these claims?
这些指控你有什么证据吗?
739. You’ll be hearing from me soon.
你很快会收到我的消息的。
740. I need to file a missing person’s report.
我需要报案,有人失踪了。
741. Arrests have declined this month.
这个月逮捕的人数减少了。
742. Can you identify the suspect?
你能认出嫌疑犯吗?
743. He resisted arrest violently .
他激烈地拒捕。
744. I want to call my lawyer.
我想给我的律师打电话。
745. We just have a few questions for you.
我们有几个问题想问你。
746. The officer was very helpful to me.
这位警官对我帮助很大。
747. Are you sure the suspect fired more than once?
你确信嫌疑犯放火不止一次了吗?
748. That area is out of our jurisdiction .
那个区域不在我们司法权管辖范围内。
749. This is the busiest precinct in the city.
这是这个城市最繁忙的管辖区。
750. I need your signature on this report.
我需要你在这报告上签名。
【生词解读】
1. allegation n. 断言;申述;辩解;主张
2. brutality n. 残忍;野蛮
3. assault v. 攻击;袭击
4. proof n. 证据;物证
5. decline v. 下降;下跌;减少;衰退;衰落
6. identify v. 确认;识别;鉴定;验明
7. violently adv. 激烈地;猛烈地
8. jurisdiction n. 权限;管辖范围
9. signature n. 签名;签署;画押